Monday, February 28, 2011

Cricket with a Rejuvenated Passion


Now we don't let a single day go without discussing or talking about cricket. Our focus is on the world cup being carried to India. Let us see if our bowlers can bowl us the cup...! Every Indian has taken cricket to the core of his life with lot of passion. The most favorable thing is that the world cup is hosted in our courtyard and we also have an enviable batting line up. I don't know why I am not feeling like watching the game! But I know one thing. The moment I come to know about the victory of India over the opposition whosoever it is, I’ll be the most passionate one to jump up so high and throw my hands to say... YYYAAA...! So much to say about my patriotism. My patriotism would be bit selfish to use because Children in India play the game almost anywhere they can, including the narrow alleys of big cities. A piece of wood, a couple of bricks and a tree stump are the most common things used as stumps and my passion when compared to that of theirs is nowhere. Even romance comes to a stand still when either of the partner say, hey listen… match is on… I’ll text you later. I couldn’t control my laughter after listening to such a lovely conversation and looking at the face made after it by my friend.
I too am passionate. I must witness one more 1983, and it is not only my prayer or wish but there are cores of minds with the same prayer and passion. A game of cricket between traditional rivals India and Pakistan can bring the whole Indian sub-continent to a halt. But today it is India against England that too next to my street. I was bit amused to see people shouting for Pakistan in the game against Srilanka. Answer I was given to my doubt is much more interesting, winning of Pakistan would gradually lead to an India Pac match…!!!  I can listen to people screaming and shouting... even my friends over here are watching the game curiously from noon till late night. I don’t know how many of them might have forgotten to take food. Sad it is to see the match with England going for a toss and ending up in a draw …!!! Who cares until and unless it is not cricket?

No comments:

Post a Comment